365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 16 September 2014

September 16th 2014


A splendid morning today. As I drove in through the misty Somerset landscape it seemed a perfect day to have breakfast outdoors. Arriving at the work-stead just after 8 am gave me ample time for a quiet full English from the BBC canteen. Full English has to be the flavoursome part of domestic cuisine. So a self service 7 items from the self service canteen plus a cup of tea all for £3.14. A bargain in anyone's books. I wonder how many meals I've had on this canteen terrace of the last 21 years. In fact these tables were partly my doing. Craig a long past Canteen Manager asked my advice as to who produced good solid picnic tables, I recommended Devon Oke furniture, lo and behold a few weeks later these arrived and that must be close to 10 years ago, still going strong. In those days there'd be about 15 sitting around the tables, our little gang, laughing and carrying on with a lot of nonsense. They've all left now, and like this morning I often have lunch on my own, a dinosaur in a business of bright young things. I was there too 21 years ago. Time moves on quickly, much like this year long blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment