365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 24 September 2014

September 24th 2014


I'm now into the last week of this year long project and it seemed apt then that today I'm thinking both on the lovely sunset at 7pm but also reflecting on the 359 days passed. Days that passed in a blink of an eye. I knew they would but it is amazing writing something every day seems to make time both slow down and speed up in equal measure. Certainly this time last year I wasn't in as comfortable place in myself as I am 12 months later. Back in September 2013, I was exhausted, utterly drained of all energy, mentally. Not sleeping, not able to concentrate well, even a long holiday that month failed to shake the bones of depression away. Yes something positive came out of that, that sleepless night on September 30th 2013 kick started this blog project and ultimately drove a deep wedge between my developing depression and a positive future.  So today, or really tonight, as I watched the sun set, waiting for the jackdaws to pass by the house on way to their evening roost, this image of the sky reflected in the window, sort of sums up what his project has been about. A clear perspective, reflecting, looking back and forward. 6 days to go. It will seem strange not having this comfort blanket around me any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment