365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 15 September 2014

September 15th 2014



This ray of sunshine is a wonderful edition to the garden flora, newly emerged from some winter spilt bird seed. I spotted this growing a few weeks back and today it finally emerged in all it's glory. An obvious image of the day then, taken after just returning home from a day in Southampton where I'd been at a voice over recording with Chris Packham, for Tweet of the Day.  This wasn't the only sunny thing today. I was at the River Studios in Southampton, Studio B to be precise. Next door to the studio, which is in a 1950's suburban back garden, were these parrots. I have no idea what species they are, (presumably captive bread for their colour) but an interesting sight and sound as I waited for everyone to turn up to record Tweet of the Day. There must have been 20 birds in this large aviary, a most entertaining diversion, especially as I'd arrived an hour early and there was no one there.... good job it was sunny then.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment