365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 8 August 2014

August 8th 2014



A busy morning.  Driving in at 7.30am in front of me a sea of floating jelly-fish filled the sky. A quick count made me think about 50 to 70 balloons suspended like giant drops of rain in an otherwise clear blue sky. This was a mass balloon lift off from the 36th Bristol International Balloon Fiesta which happens annually at this time of the year. The morning could not have been better, with near null wind the balloons were literally suspended in animation. Sadly by the time I'd located a place to stop and take some photos, many had sidled over the woods I'd just driven through so as a record only, the above image was taken.



I couldn't stop long anyway as at 10am I had a rendezvous with the RSPB''s President and for 3 hours today at least, the latest Tweet of the Day presenter. 25 scripts were read with gusto and aplomb, I like Miranda's voice very much. So now, just the editing to do then! Miranda's first Tweet is September 29th  -  The Southern Ground Hornbill!

No comments:

Post a Comment