365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 31 August 2014

August 31st 2014


What a fantastic day today. Weather warm, not a cloud in the sky and well, what better than to go for a walk. Well to be honest, Julie persuaded me to go for a walk as after yesterdays long day I fancied a quiet, feet-up sort of day. However persuaded I was and if I'm honest, I was pleased to be on the move. We left the house and walked to Sand Bay via Woodspring Priory and a bridleway-cum-across farmland I'd never used before. A stop at the Sand Bay Tea Rooms was obligatory (it was packed) before the return leg along the beach, over Sand Point and back via the Priory. Not entirely certain but it's around 10 miles as a circular walk. Certainly we were out 5 hours and walking all that time except when forcing down cake and tea. I was shattered and hungry after that and so we made a friend of mine's wonderful vegetarian dish, Gamagees Pie. I've no idea why its called that (containing only onion, chopped tomato, celery, carrot, berlotti beans, pepper and Marmite) but it made such a tasty treat at the end of a tiring day, it made the exhaustion I felt seem to melt away with the first mouthful. What a fantastic day indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment