365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 19 August 2014

August 19th 2014


I had another day off today and as Julie was entertaining friends of hers, I wobbled off for a day on my own.  My initial plan was to head over to Wells, but something made me veer off in a different direction and head for the Somerset coast around Blue Anchor Bay. I used to come here a lot when I lived at East Brent but less so now. I love it though because it is a quiet unspoilt part of the world and one which although visited by tourists seems to be lost in some time-warp. That could be because of the West Somerset Steam Railway which I adore. A properly functioning steam railway, 16 miles long and maintaining the connection between Minehead with Taunton. I was on here for a journey about a year ago and it was surreal, and the best experience of English eccentricity I've ever witnessed. So my day was spent just watching steam trains, watching the sea and having endless cups of tea in the Driftwood Cafe. Marvellous. As an encore on the way home Julie text'd and suggested a picnic at Sand Bay. A perfect end to a day by the seaside.




No comments:

Post a Comment