365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 15 August 2014

August 15th 2014


Blimey I've put some hours in today. Another day working from home (ideal really as in the summer the M5 on a Friday is unbearable) but as I'm in the middle of Tweet editing, it's head down. But, I have a room with a view and today it was of pigeon shooting and hedge trimming - not at the same time I might add. the field out the back of the house was always permanent grass. Two years ago they ploughed it and grew very scrappy maize. This year it's been sown back to cereals which also failed (it floods a lot in winter) so today it's just a stubbly field. As I rested my eyes I looked out and saw the farmer erecting a hide. With the camera beside me, too good an opportunity to miss. You can see his barrel above. I've no idea if pigeons made it to the pot but after he packed up, the hedges were trimmed. It's all go in the somerset countryside I tell you.


I finished about 7pm so as it was still wonderfully light Julie suggested we head to Sand Bay for a pre-retiring stroll. A good choice, a very good choice indeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment