365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 26 August 2014

August 26th 2014


Take note of the weather forecast for today. Light shower at 9am and sunny, the rest of the day cloudy. A few hours earlier the forecast didn't include any rain. But as I drove into work at 7.30am the M5 motorway was awash with water. Heavy rain had been deluging this landscape since well before 6am, without a break. On the roads, mist and spray made driving the motorway almost suicidal and at one point the road surface was two to three inches deep. It was a miracle I made it to work in one piece and more of a miracle in that I had done so without breakfast encouragement. And so as I arrived at work on a morning that better resembled a November afternoon not an August morning, I tucked into my marmalade sandwiches and dream of empty hills with no traffic. Perfect, as long as they get the weather forecast right.

No comments:

Post a Comment