365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 19 May 2024

Sunday 19th May 2024

 


This is my microwave. And this is about what I thought had happened but hadn't. I bought this microwave in January 1994 after being offered a tiny annex to rent in Portbury. I've got very fond memories of this minute house, but for me it had everything including a kitchen area. The house had been converted from a pig sty for the owner Jo's mother, who sadly died before moving in.  At fifteen feet square it had a single bed, a corner bath, a central wardrobe, an area to sit in and aforementioned kitchen. And an acre of garden to play in with chickens. The kitchen was so small I couldn't have a conventional cooker so I bought this microwave from Comet in Sunderland. It's a grill, oven and microwave and has travelled with me to various houses for all the time I've lived down south. Today however it stopped working mid cooking of a jacket potato. I was devastated thinking finally after 30 years it's given up. Oddly I felt quite sad. But then I checked the plug, it was half way out the socket. Of course it didn't work, it had no power. How or or why the plug worked it's way loose I have no idea. But I'm so glad it's working still, especially as at the time I took out a 3 year warranty which at £99 was almost the price of the thing in the first place. Such good value I'd say (and my mum got very annoyed that I'd been 'conned' into buying the warranty).

No comments:

Post a Comment