365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 17 May 2024

Friday 17th May 2024

 


I was hoping the odometer would spin over to 184,184 miles as I trundled home with my fish and chips lunch. But it was not to be. Still impressive though for our 19 year old Renault Clio. I do maintain it properly, mechanically at least. The bodywork is okay too, a few minor dints and scratches but it polishes up well. Now it has it's new turbo and ERG valve cleaned it flies along, it feels more powerful than it's official 100 bhp, I think the more modern turbo may have added a few more horses under the bonnet. I love driving this now tiny car, compared to modern vehicles which are oversized and ugly. After all the recent work I put my foot to the floor and immediately there's a whine and the speed picks up. Hit the sweet spot with the revs and there's a roar followed by very rapid acceleration indeed. Great fun if a BMW is hassling me to go a bit faster. It can certainly do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment