365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 18 September 2024

Wednesday 18th September 2024

 


Ten years ago I wrote about my ever youthful father celebrating his 83rd Birthday. Today, if my mathematics are good he celebrates his 93rd. Now pretty much housebound he had a lovely day I'm informed. The carers brought him a cake and some cards, and organised a video call with me at 10.30. A lot has changed in those ten years, and mostly not for the better. Looking forward and keeping positive is key.


In the evening I attended an Alliance of Literary Societies (ALS) Zoom meeting with a title Significant People, in relation to the society in question's author. It was really interesting and a good way to learn facts quickly. Ten years ago Scotland was holding it's independence referendum. What happened to that then? Ten years ago I'd not heard of the ALS. Ten years ago my father was simply my father, mum was alive too. A lot has changed in ten short years, like a blink of the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment