365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 3 September 2024

Tuesday 3rd September 2024


 It has been a strange 24 hours. This morning I had to ring dad to let him know his good friend and golfing partner Terry Scollan had died. The passage of life is fickle. As dad said that's the last of his golf chums gone, he's the only one left now. It must be sad to lose those connections through longevity.

Then this afternoon I had a minor routine procedure, though the appointment mentioned operation. But to get to this point from Saturday morning I'd been progressively reducing food intake and then fluids. The procedure, lasting about an hour, was to be honest brutal. People go through much worse of course but I wasn't expecting to be quite so physically "manipulated". Those surgeons and male nurses really earn their keep. I'm using this image as I was given sedation via a cannula. To be honest I have no idea what they gave me as to being honest it had zero effect. But they were very kind and very professional. It's been a strange day and an even stranger year.

No comments:

Post a Comment