365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 9 September 2024

Monday 9th September 2024


 It was quite strange being back at work today. After all that's gone on over the last few weeks and ten days away I returned to an empty building. No activity but everything was the same. We move ourselves through life, a process of endless change minute by minute, but a lot of what surrounds us remains static and frozen in time. This notice board in the communal kitchen is a good example. Everything hanging there, except the sieve, I've placed there, including the badly spelt instructions to not put coffee granules down the sink. At the bottom right there's a dispenser saying leave in room 18. That's my writing and it harks back to the COVID pandemic year of 2020 when this room was my office. Four years later that hand gel is still there, but does anyone actually use it now? The John Moore leaflets are more recent, placed there not long after I'd attended the John Moore AGM last month. There were three, now only two. Has one been taken by an interested colleague to join the Society? I'll probably never know. It struck me though. I've changed over these last few months, I think differently to the beginning of the year, but these objects remind me there is permanence, albeit temporary in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment