365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 7 August 2024

Wednesday 7th August 2024

 


I rarely walk into Bristol when I'm at work, today though I headed to Hobgoblin in Park Street to purchase some replacement violin strings. Park Street has changed a bit since I last walked down at Christmas. The lovely Bristol Guild (officially the Bristol Guild for Applied Art) shop lies empty, it was a lovely place to buy unusual gifts and had been trading since 1908, finally closing its doors on May 30th this year. Opposite is a building site. This used to be a fantastic Italian restaurant, Vincenzo's Pizza House. The image below I've downloaded from their Facebook page. From the outside it didn't look inspiring but inside it was authentic Italian, chaotic, welcoming, lovely simple food, a pure Italian atmosphere with men playing cards in the corner. Sadly it's now demolished and soon to become student flats. Progress I guess??

No comments:

Post a Comment