365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 20 August 2024

Tuesday 20th August 2024

 


Many years ago now I followed the Hay Diet and felt very well indeed. After a bit of a health scare this summer, I'm slowly moving back to that type of diet - it's not about losing weight, more to do with allowing the body to not fight opposing acid-alkaline foodstuffs. Breakfasts now, for me, are half a grapefruit, and I absolutely love this. If I strictly followed the advice from Dr Hay, I'd have grapefruit with live yoghurt. Sometimes I do but more often than not just a half a grapefruit, sliced into eight portions and consumed one at a time. Since doing this, aside from feeling very refreshed, I don't feel hungry at all by lunchtime, that lack of hunger I find that intriguing.  As part of this process I've reduced gluten intake to an absolute minimum too. I do miss the odd Cornish pasty, but I'm not missing bread at all, there are so many other delicious alternatives, so why just fill-up on bread?

No comments:

Post a Comment