365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 24 August 2024

Saturday 24th August 2024

 


Well, it is safe to say I shall be going back to work after this Bank Holiday. I never play the Lottery. When it first began thirty years ago or so I looked after a syndicate at work. After six months we'd bet about £900 and won something like £60. Not a great return. Not long after I stopped playing and other than a couple of scratch cards and buying the lottery as a silly gift in a birthday card to friends I've avoided this. Until yesterday. Julie asked me to buy her a paper, while doing so I just fancied having a go at the lottery. I knew it was pointless but my neighbour Roger has won 110 times since Christmas. He's never won more than £30 but his winnings pay for his tickets. Someone seems to be looking after him. It was chatting to Roger earlier on Friday that gave me the idea. But now I know it's a mugs game I'll not bet again, not for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment