365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 24 July 2024

Wednesday 24th July 2024

Modern life is quite odd I feel. Images drive society. Images always did play a huge part in society of course with art and sculpture for example but as most people have mobile phones capable of producing quality images the explosion of communication via photography is with us.

Two images from today then. First one from Bill the builder who had been repairing the dorma window in dad's house. We'd had it fixed badly by a cowboy in December who disappeared when the rain kept pouring in. Bill was then found and from what I can see from a series of images he's done a good job. The dorma window looked rotten to the core. Being 300+ miles away I only know what's been done through these images.

Then below my lunch today. I took this image around the same time as I received the roof ones. It's a grilled chicken salad from RubiconToo in Cotham. I'm trying to have salad each day to eat more healthy, this was today's menu. Very tasty. I sent this image to Julie, yet I wonder why I photographed a salad to send to her? It's instant gratification I think, a colourful plate of food I wanted to share with her but she's thirty miles south in Mark. Before smartphones I'd have just eaten my lunch and forgotten about it. Now this food, (and the rotten roof). are preserved in a snapshot of a day of communication through vision, interesting.

l.

No comments:

Post a Comment