365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 27 July 2024

Saturday 27th July 2024

 


My two purchases at the Bath Book Fair today. Both quite rare in their own way and both at a very reasonable price £25 for the BB book and £35 for the Jefferies book. I may say more about these in a later post. 

I woke this morning and fancied a day trip to Bath (visiting the book fair but also just a tourist day). Julie was heading out for a walk elsewhere, so quickly buying my train ticket. (£10.45 return with my seniors railcard) I walked to the station, got the 10.04 train and by 10.50 I was at the Green Rocket vegan cafe having bubble and squeak and enjoying watching the Madding Crowd. Most entertaining.



After breakfast I spent an hour or two at the book fair, which was huge, before thinking I'd like a boat trip. Julie did this boat trip a while back, now it's my turn. What a delightful hour chugging up the Avon with my hot chocolate as far as Bathampton and this weir before returning. A five mile pootle before getting the train back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment