365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 16 July 2024

Tuesday 16th July 2024

 


I was working from home today, but decided to take a long lunchbreak. We needed eggs and I could have gone to the local Tesco, but I fancied a drive out somewhere. There's a farm vending machine at Westhay, so I thought, Hub for lunch, milk and eggs on the way home. Which is what I did. It's about 20 miles to the Hub, getting there I was surprised how busy it was but not too bad. Lunch was a lovely baked potato with cheese, and some salad. Washed down with a hot chocolate. Possibly a strange combination, but it hit the spot. Then home, a dozen eggs and a litre of milk from the vending outlet, next to which was a field of resting cows surrounded by cattle egrets. These egrets arrived on the Levels about 15 years ago and have stayed. Now there's about a 100 breeding pairs. There's a church nearby where they roost, I've never seen then there, but seeing them today made me think I must visit that roost. A nice long lunch, which actually was only 1 hour 40 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment