365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 7 July 2024

Sunday 7th July 2024

 

Gentleman Jack burst onto the television screens in 2019. A phenomenal series that captured the nation. In October that year I visited Church Lawton and began some research into Marianne Lawton. Then in 2022 series two hit the airwaves, but it while still very good, didn't quite hit the mark for me. I'd not seen this series since then but today, mostly as we were shattered after yesterday, I began watching it again with a bottle of cider and crisps. It's good to revisit old series which I'd enjoyed. Many times they're not as good as I remembered but Gentleman Jack is still brilliant. Susanne Jones plays Anne Lister well, though she's made the real person more attractive and personable than she was in real life. Makes good television though, especially when tired after a long day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment