365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 10 April 2024

Wednesday 10th April 2024

 


Quite strange. Not the wheelie bin, but these traffic lights. Yesterday some cones were put out along part of our road. I chatted to one of the workers who said they would be repairing a manhole, and needed to erect traffic lights and  it would take two days. But, importantly, the traffic cones were not operational until 9am today. Sure enough as I headed off to work just before 9,  road signs were up, lights installed and I left them to it. I got a text from Julie around 2pm. She was home but all the lights, signs and cones had gone. That was at most 5 hours of work. It almost took longer to put the cones out on Tuesday  I'm assuming the manhole is repaired as I can't hear the regular clink clunk as cars drive over it, but it is odd to think all this activity for few hours work. No wonder our council tax is so high, this must have cost a fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment