365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 11 April 2024

Thursday 11th April 2024


This has to be the most complicated form of hopscotch I've ever seen. Over the weekend within the BBC complex and along both Belgrave Road and Whiteladies Road these survey marks have appeared. For three years now the original Broadcasting House in Bristol has been threatened with closure. Television moved out to a modern facility at Bridgwater House leaving only local TV and radio plus us in Network Radio on site. Less than 100 people. 90% of the site is mothballed, and for three years and alternative site fou us has been saught in Bristol. Now there's a suggestion we'll stay on site but in a much more restricted way. Which makes me think are these marks everywhere part of that process? Only time will tell. 

As for this cherry tree it is inside the grounds of BBC and once part of a garden and always beautiful for a day or two around now. The light wasn't great today but I tried my best to capture its beauty. I often look at at thinking poor thing growing in a carpark. But it seems happy enough. If our move happens I'll not see this tree again.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment