365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 2 April 2024

Tuesday 2nd April 2024

Just heard tonight that Nigel Tucker died back in February, he was 75. I've grabbed this image off his website. He was a phenomenal birder but I got to know him when I first began at the BBCs NHU as he was then the Sound Library's sound recordist. Employed purely for capturing sound on NHU programmes we'd also send him off to record the odd sound we did not have in the library, often surprisingly British species. He was a maverick in some ways but kind. We'd go birdwatching occasionally and he'd  happily pass on his knowledge to me. Nigel was also the first person to show me Chew Valley Lake as I forget thirty years ago having just arrived in Bristol I didn't know Somerset at all. I hope he's up there having a fag listening to the summer migrants arriving. R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment