365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 5 April 2024

Friday 5th April 2024

Two unconnected images that became loosely connected. The fizz was given to me by Clare Balding last autumn. It was a thank you for everything I'd done for her over the years while she was on Ramblings. A lovely gesture. Julie and I decided to open it this evening for a belated birthday celebration. The vineyard Chatham in Kent was very close to where my Uncle Ken lived at Chatham Hatch. I thought of him as I opened the bottle. It's rather nice, very lemony in taste but extremely drinkable.

I was drinking glass number 2 when a WhatsApp message appeared, my Goddaughter Sarah gave birth to a baby girl, Lucy this afternoon. Lucy was actually due on April 1st which would have been a wonderful 60th birthday present. But five days later, and one day after Sarah's own birthday is perfect. It doesn't seem that long ago that I held Sarah in my arms at her christening. Now she's a mother herself, time really is passing. Such lovely news, which I was able to celebrate with some English fizz.


No comments:

Post a Comment