365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 21 August 2019

Wednesday 21st August 2019



I'm breaking all the self imposed rules here by posting my daily image the day after the idea came into my head. Although today (Wedensday) I did come across the above image. 

Sometimes with this year long project of mine I do a bit of a catch up a few days later,  as images may have been taken on the day but time to write it all up was lacking. This was the case today when on Thursday 22nd I sat having lunch in the canteen. Mid flow in a dahl curry pick and mix (I got to the canteen late so had a plate made up of delicious left overs), my colleague Jon happily interrupted me. In the course of the conversation he mentioned he had a photograph of me. It was while sorting through old photographs to be scanned that he found a photograph of me - and there emerging from his folder, was a 1997 version of me, suited and booted at a Natural History Unit Christmas party. Next to me names from the past - Martin Whatley, Helen Wharam and Claire Diamond. All now ex-job. But seeing my self 22 years ago reminded me that yesterday (or today if you are reading this in black and white) I'd had a sort out at my desk and came across the above photograph. Which is where the idea came about as today (but written the following day my my colleague Tom discusses a programme idea on the phone opposite me) I needed an image. 

So there I am - master (not quite) of all he surveyed - this was the Trims Backlog team of classifiers. A 5 year project where I staggered through the role of Classification Supervisor. What is embarrassing now looking back is I can not remember one of the team, the woman holding the card June 1996. From the bottom of the stairs we have Amanda [Kear], Claire [Thompson], Tricia [Walls], Richard [ Hassall], the lady I've forgotten - gulp - Mark [Palmer], me and Linda [Robson]. And yes we did live in Portacabins for a few years.

A long time ago and everyone there other than Richard works for the BBC now - odd looking back as I was only 5-6 years older than the team, but now seen as an old man in the media. Lost youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment