365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 5 August 2019

Monday August 5th 2019



I heard the rustle of the metallic tape long before the workman arrived at the doorway. This is my office, and has been for about 2 years. Soon however it is to be converted into a disabled loo and facilities for one of our colleagues. I shall be evicted. Ever since learning of my office's demise, I have been meaning to write about it. The flash of ruler against wall, has today prompted me to write. 


I'll miss this office, it suits me well. North facing, not hot. North facing, computer screen easy to read. The three desks in here are hot desks, often crammed with busy bees on a Tuesday when we have our departmental team meeting, attended by migratory home working producers from the midlands. A record of my empire. On the screen the ScheduAll system we use to book studios for mixes and so on. My detritus. A coffee waiting to be imbibed, and an ecclecta of paper of interest on the wall. Possibly however the interesting wall is to the left of where I sit. Over the years images of the great natural history presenter Brett Westwood have adorned the 'cool wall' for Brett is cool. The best naturalists I have worked with - for his breadth of knowledge all things feather and fur, creepy crawly. Soon I shall be in another room, turning the familiar into a memory as time recedes. Farewell Room 18, 3TPR.


No comments:

Post a Comment