365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 22 August 2019

Thursday 22nd August 2019


Despite media reports, the cheque book is alive and well in Somerset. But remarkably, this is only the second  cheque I've written this year and the other one was last week. Even I have to admit that most of the time I use what was once called a flexible friend. Contactless is wonderful for small purchases, never having to fiddle about looking for change. But I do worry about our reliance on electronic infrastructure which when it works is great, but when it doesn't, well it's catastrophic. So the cheques will still be needed, and I will still write them - but interestingly as I write cheque, the word is coming up as a spell-check error word.. then if I hover my mouse over it it suggests squelches. Does my computer know something I don't?

No comments:

Post a Comment