365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 17 July 2019

Wednesday July 17th 2019


I've been feeling tired all day, for reasons I can't explain. Possibly the heat - it's been stifling and humid for weeks now, and as a result, possibly as I've not been sleeping well at night.  Anyway, driving home last night I had an urge for a curry. Our curry emporium of choice is in Winscome, The Touch of Spice, on the slopes of the Mendips. I rang management. She was up for a curry - vegetable korma for her and a peshwani nan. Plus poppadoms and a bowl of pilau rice. Half an hour later I positioned myself adjacent to the Bombay Mix and awaited my Chicken Tikka Balti to be added to the list - ohh and a sag bhaji. Nice. Home by 7.30 pm we ate in the garden and then chatted about the fact it had rained briefly over the afternoon. Yes it's that unusual these days, we British talk about the weather - or at least rain. The curry was as ever, excellent.  I've been visiting this curry house since my East Brent days (1995-1998) as it was a short detour on the way home. Almost a local these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment