365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 30 July 2019

Tuesday July 30th 2019


A terrible photograph (I do need a new mobile phone) but a record of a sight I'd not seen before in 20+ years driving this lane. Presumably as it has been so dry for a long time, the days welcome rain, the developing puddles, were all too much of a temptation for this family of mallard. Whooshing along the lane I spied this family group splashing and bathing in the puddle. By the time I'd stopped the car, got the phone out and snapped the image, they'd begun to waddle off, noisily. A lot of quacking, though it has to be said they were not too concerned at me sitting in a car watching them just 6 feet away. I couldn't linger as this is a single lane road and the huge tractors here-about at days work silage making don't stop for anyone. I hope however they stop for Mrs Mallard and her troup.

No comments:

Post a Comment