365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 10 July 2019

Wednesday July 10th 2019


All my life I have loved a bacon sandwich. Even better I love a cold bacon sandwich. My view at work. Home made bacon sandwich, cup of tea, all set for the day ahead. Is there a better way to begin the day? I've loved cold bacon sandwiches since my childhood, when in the summer before school, my parents occasionally took me to the beach. My father would go for a swim and we'd unpack the breakfast picnic made the night before. I seem to remember there was always muesli in Tupperware bowls and cold bacon sandwiches wrapped in grease proof paper. I'm sure there would have been other treats, but my memory of those times nearly 50 years ago are of sand, seaside, picnics and going to school feeling different to all my classmates who were still half asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment