365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 29 July 2019

Monday July 29th 2019


Slightly quieter day at work, so a good opportunity to have a right good old sort out (everyone is on leave). I have stuff all over the desk and in bags, or should I say, I had. I've been ruthless, and therefore filled a bin with recycling, stuff going back to 2014. Where does it all come from? Every piece of writing or form, or bit of paper, old folders, elastic bands now perished, was vitally important at the time. Now with the advancement of the years, I can't even remember what half of those things were actually kept for or about.  We as a species do hoard far too much stuff, a throwback to our hunter gatherer ancestors when having stuff was vital to survival. Now we just fill our world with clutter. Sometimes this clutter is valuable to historians and archaeologists. But lets be honest, that bit of tissue paper we kept just because it will come in next Christmas, is never ever going to be used again. Occasionally though something pops up. In this case a doodle. I can't remember doodling this, but it picturesque's a summary of what I think is a Living World radio programme on oil beetles.  That was a few years ago in Devon, great day indeed. Why though a windmill and three odd people? Well with the advancement of the years, I can't even remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment