365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 26 May 2019

Sunday May 27th 2019


I was given my get out of jail card today. It's been a while since I'd completed a shift at Tyntesfield and it was good to be back. The Sunday of the Spring Bank Holiday is usually a really busy day. However rain was forecast, a light drizzle did appear, but it wasn't that great a day weather wise, cold, dark and damp so only 1500 visitors. Low for a Sunday and as we had an over filling of keen Ticket Office operatives, after my light luncheon of National Trust egg and cress sandwich, Chris the supervisor asked me if I'd like to go and see the Madrid to Tyntesfield story in the house. This 18 month experience brings out some of the artifacts which connect the Gibbs family to Spain. Long lost treasures in their family vaults have been dusted off and I have to say the experience was well worth the wander down to the house. A chance encounter with the horse rides from the front of the house added to the joy. All too soon it was back up to the Ticket Office where I toiled in emerging sunshine until after 5pm. Even had to pump up the wheelchair tyres. My work is never done!

No comments:

Post a Comment