365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 17 May 2019

Friday May 17th 2019



Great excitement in the BS8 wastelands, as yesterday the M&S Food Hall opened. I was in the Quantocks for the actual day though I'd heard there were queues out the door (possibly as the first 100 people through got a £10 voucher)

Being sort of diagonally opposite and less than 2 minutes walk from my office, my colleague Tom and I who had not ventured out all morning headed over.  It was like being in the BBC Canteen - the place was a scrum of lunch-going Bristolians. I've never seen so many people rammed into a food hall. As a rough estimate, 50% students, 50% media operatives. Selection was good and as can be seen, I escaped relatively unharmed with a trio of mini rolls (or buns as I call them) a pork pie and a berried drink.

So after 6 years of watching that site get built and then created, today was the day I toddled in and spent my few pounds on lunch. I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment