365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 12 May 2019

Sunday May 12th 2019


It is really odd what happens on a day off. When I was a lad, Sunday was considered a day of rest. Now I'm middle aged and bits sag where they shouldn't, Sunday is a day of toil. Today that toil involved making two raised vegetable beds for the M'lady. This involved splitting a former modular compost bin into the required size. Mesh wire stapled to the bottom and a couple of well used ground sheets added as compost holding sacks. I enjoyed doing this as for the first time in many years the DIY Sunday was painless and best of course, bloodless. Emboldened with my sense that everything was possible today, I decided the clear out the shed. That is an episode in my life I'd rather forget, six hours I'll not get back on my day of rest. Good job well done though.

No comments:

Post a Comment