365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 1 July 2024

Monday 1st July 2024

 


Garden produce. We don't have a huge are to grow edibles in, so many are in the raised bed, or pots or bags, such as these second early potatoes. I think we planted these in early April, and Julie dug one bag up yesterday. As it turned out we may have harvested these a little too early. They were delicious but in total only 800g (1 3/4 lbs) from one bag. We'll therefore leave the other two bags for another few weeks.

Tonight I picked some strawberries. There was a lot to pick though I didn't weigh them. To be honest any strawberries are a bonus. Over winter I kept about twenty plants alive, just, but in the end I didn't know where to plant them. I had two troughs so in desperation planted all the strawberry plants in here, too close really but in reality they've done very well for little effort. And delicious too. Plenty more to come too in the coming days. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment