365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 3 July 2024

Wednesday 3rd July 2024

 


I actually took this image early on the morning of July 4th, while lying in bed slowly waking up, reflecting on the day before. It's a familiar view of light dancing on the wall, but 24 hours earlier I was less inclined to view it. Having turned sixty all of a sudden I seem to have become a little unwell. I don't think it's serious, certainly after being checked, poked and prodded the conclusion was nothing sinister. But something isn't 100%, meaning I have occasional off days like today (or yesterday as I'm writing this on the day after). A few hours in bed sleeping and I'm back to normal, but it's concerning for me as for the main part of my adult life I've just breezed through without a care in the world. It's a simple conclusion, I'm getting older, the body isn't as strong as it was. I'm not sure I like it, and still think like a teenager. But one thing's for sure, I can't stop time.

No comments:

Post a Comment