365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 4 July 2024

Thursday 4th July 2024



Well here we are. General Election day 2024. The Prime Minister Rishi Sunak called this early election about two months ago. It surprised everyone, including us at Radio 4. It's been a bit of a scramble to reschedule programmes for tomorrow to allow for election coverage to be extended. That said the day dawned fair, but my mind was still undecided as I entered the voting booth in the village hall. Liberal Democrats or Conservative? I've never voted Labour and won't today. Anyway I made my mark (no reveal) and left to have a ham egg and chips lunch at Garden Park as I was starving. Julie decided not to vote as she just couldn't work out who to vote for.


Fast forward ten hours and I grabbed this image off the television at 10pm. The BBC's election coverage had begun and on the stroke of ten they revealed the exit poll prediction. Landslide victory for Labour, crushing defeat for the Conservatives. After this I went to bed, though flicked through my phone for a while, Sunderland South was the first to declare just after midnight..Labour held.

No comments:

Post a Comment