365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 22 September 2024

Sunday 22nd September 2024

 


Well I've only lived near Weston Super Mare since 1995 and today I visited the Weston Helicopter Museum for the first time. Strictly speaking I didn't visit the Museum, just the cafe. Rewind a week or so, my friend Iris got in touch asking if Julie and I would like to visit this museum as she wanted to take her grandchildren but wasn't sure what it was like (I had to confess I thought it had closed down). We said okay next Sunday. 

Sunday dawned complete with a monsoon, I've not seen rain like it for a long time. Iris arrived at home and we sat chatting, and we sat chatting a bit more as the rain continued, and with every passing hour we felt less inclined to venture out. At 2pm though Iris said what about some lunch? The decision was made to visit the Helicopter Museum cafe so at least Iris knew where it was. And we did. It looks okay, we didn't go inside, just used the cafe, which was at best adequate. 

As a child I used to love going around such museums but they leave me emotionally cold now, though I can see their appeal if you like engineering or aircraft. And watching middle aged blokes wandering about in pilot overalls is entertaining. Interesting yes, though I very much doubt I'll come back, even though it's only 4 miles from home.



No comments:

Post a Comment