365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 17 April 2024

Wednesday 17th April 2024

 


I had a day off today. Initially I'd booked this as we'd planned to be on an alpaca keeper's day but had to change the date due to Julie being on a course. I kept my day off and just thought about a 'me' day. I'd planned to go to Dorset but in the end I got the train to Taunton, my first trip using my Senior Railcard. £7.30 return is brilliant, it would cost nearly half that just for parking if I'd gone by car. The main reason for visiting Taunton was to buy a suit for Ascot, which I did at Astaire's who I've used a few times. It needs altering so I'll collect in a couple of weeks. Lunch followed at the Museum cafe. I was minding my own business when a voice shouted "you shouldn't be drinking at lunchtime". This came from a chap pushing a bicycle. I thought it a little strange but replied "I only started today" and returned to reading my book. Five minutes later the bicycle chap came over to apologise, he thought I was his friend Paul, but realised his mistake and was too embarrassed to confess. But felt he had to. I found it all hilarious. None of that would have happened if I'd have been driving, no drink, no random conversation. I think train travel is the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment