365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 26 May 2014

May 26th 2014

 
Certain images for me convey an emotion, or an event or as with this image above just a quiet afternoon relaxing in the garden. Being the May Bank Holiday I had this Monday off and we were still in the North East. As long as I can remember my parents, if the weather is fine, have sat in the garden after lunch reading the days news. I stopped buying newspapers many years ago, but I think my parents generation particularly, being brought up during World War Two, love to read about the days events. I'm not a fan of television news which focusses on the banal or any war zone no-one has heard of, so I get my news from either the radio or the Internet these days. However my parents have no Internet in the house and I have to say their house is all the more peaceful for it as the gentle rustle of paper heralds another page turner. I have a lovely photograph taken a few years ago of my parents reading the papers in the garden, I sat where Julie is in this photograph and watched their silent contented perusal of the news for an hour. It is on my mantelpiece and I often look at it thinking I'm so glad I took that image as it brings a little bit of home down south with me.
 
As an aside, the image below was taken after I joined them in the garden. The nest box is just a few feet from where we sat and watching the busy blue tit feeding the young was almost as relaxing as watching my parents reading the paper. Half an hour later we began our journey back south finally reaching home in Somerset at 10pm. A good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment