365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 23 March 2019

Saturday March 23rd 2019


As a child, I would dream of Christmas and Birthdays all coming at once. Well today, in this my 55th year,  they did. I last met up with my friend Rob in November. We had a day birdwatching around the Museum of Nature Art near Gloucester, and planned to meet up before Christmas. What with one thing and another that meet up never happened and we finally met up again today for luncheon at the Anchor Inn Oldbury upon Severn. That's often the trouble with Christmas there are so many people to meet up with time just slips away and by January everyone is in hibernation mode, Or ill as I was. 

Anyway after a most convivial lunch, venison burgers for Rob and his wife Rosie, a goats cheese filo parcel for Julie and a most scrumptious pork and bacon pie in a cider jus for me, departure time came. As we reached the car, like a magicians trick a duet of presents arrived. One in a Christmas bag containing an alcohol liqueur, marmalade and a lovely wooden bowl, the other, four bottles of beer. The former was the delayed due to leaves on the line Christmas present, the latter my Birthday present for next week. Such lovely friends. And it's so exciting when all your Christmas and Birthdays come at once. It is what dreams are made of. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment