365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 1 June 2014

June 1st 2014

 
No rest for the wicked. Today was a day to crack on with the packing and dismantling. We now have a date for Julie to move to my house, June 16th. Julie is a wonderful gardener, possibly why she does this for a living and so it was symbolic that today I worked on dismantling the greenhouse. Gardening gives Julie a connection to the soil and the countryside is where her spiritual home is. She is giving up a lot to move 80 miles west to Somerset. It's appreciated more than I can ever say. So today I had a go at dismantling the greenhouse and by the end of the afternoon, a very hot afternoon, it was almost dismantled. Next Monday the garden pots, greenhouse and garage detritus head to Somerset in a van ahead of the main move. I've taken photos otherwise I'll forget how this was constructed, which is why these images may seem odd. An aid memoir. In the middle of this some people arrived from Bedwyn to collect the spare bed which Julie had sold to them. A fair few items have now been sold, the house is beginning to look empty. We're moving on physically and mentally at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment