365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 19 October 2013

October 19th 2013


One of the joys of doing this diary for my 50th year is seeing everyday items in a different light, or as in today's posting an everyday object recalls a memory.

After being woken by the falsetto singing of a wren at full staccato at dawn, and with a busy day ahead of me editing it was time for a cup of tea. Whilst watching the kettle boil to make tea, today's image came into my mind. I drink a lot of tea, possibly more than is good for me, but it keeps me going. In 2009 after 3 years in the team bringing the best new talent in the wildlife broadcasting, I left Talent Management and joined the NHU Radio team where I am now. My colleagues in the Talent office made sure I left on a high and took me ten-pin bowling and bought me this fantastic 1 pint Emma Bridgewater mug. I use it every single day. As you can see, the decoration is of British birds, and at the bottom of the images, a wren. Very apt for my morning alarm call.

The box of Northumbrian tea was bought from Hedgeley Services near Powburn last month, and that will possibly lead to a whole different avenue of recollection at some point.

I've just finished that pint of tea writing this, time for another..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment