365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 16 December 2013

December 16th 2013

 
Quite simply today, this was the view from my car as I sat in a traffic queue in Backwell North Somerset. I drive through here regularly and since April Bristol Water have been working on replacing all the water network along the A370. A major piece of engineering work and to be fair they are catching up with 150 years of neglect as the Victorian water system fails. I'm often stuck in the long traffic queue to the roadwork lights and have occasionally wondered about a posting about that on this blog. But today it came to me. Quite a nice festive view of the tree outside the Spar shop, BUT, and this is my thought, it's Christmas, so lets be charitable. Instead of bemoaning the endless traffic problems this year getting through Backwell, maybe we should celebrate that we live in a country where we can switch on a tap and out pours clean, safe and healthy water, as much as we want. We don't have to fetch it from a well, we don't have to boil it to make it safe, it's just there, 24 hours a day on tap, so to speak. So next time I'm in the traffic jam, I'll remember that those workers digging up the road and delaying my journey by 5 minutes are actually worth their weight in gold, or more accurately their weight in water.

No comments:

Post a Comment